15 Winning New Year’s Resolutions for Job Seekers in 2020
Posted on Friday, January 3, 2020 by The Career Guide — No comments
If you’re hoping that 2020 is the year you bag that new job, then now is the time to set your New Year’s Resolutions. Whether you’re after office support jobs in London or those top PA jobs, we’re a leading London recruitment agency who can help you set and achieve your job-hunting New Year’s resolutions. So, let’s get the ball rolling with 15 possible resolutions you can choose for the New Year.
Resolution: Get cracking with networking
Networking is the wonder stuff of finding a new job. There are plenty of networking New Year’s resolutions you could make. Try these on for size:
- I will apply for some temping opportunities to meet others in my industry. (To do so, you can take advantage of the plush Wait4Work lounge at Love Success where you can meet other job seekers and get advice from leading recruitment consultants.)
- I will pick up the phone and get in touch with the leading recruitment agency in London that specialises in my niche. (For PA and office support jobs in London, that’s us.)
- I will take a good, hard look at my social media profiles and consider what they say about me (particularly LinkedIn).
- I won’t assume that my recruitment consultant is a mind-reader, and I will work on my communication with them.
Resolution: Make your CV sing
At just two sides of A4, CVs are seemingly harmless. But done right, they are mighty powerful! Despite that, job seekers don’t always spend as much time on their CV as they should. Try out these resolutions:
- I will tailor each CV to the role I’m applying for.
- I will keep my CV to two focused, relevant pages.
- I will follow professional CV writing tips to revamp my CV.
- I will get three different professionals to review and provide feedback on my CV.
Resolution: Stop the fear of interviews
If you take the ostrich approach to things that give you fear, then you’ll never overcome them. If interviews make you panic or let you down, then set some specific interview-aimed resolutions such as:
- I will ask my recruitment consultant to do a mock interview and provide feedback.
- I will read up on and follow top tips for interviews.
- I will prepare for each interview by researching the company and their values.
- I will practice being calm and relaxed during interviews.
Resolution: Commit yourself until it’s done
With any resolution, problems occur if you’re not fully committed to them. Well, the same applies when you’re seeking a new job. You start out with good intentions about what you want to do, but come March you’re moaning that you’ve still not got any further. You have to be committed.
Thankfully, there are some good resolutions to ensure dedication and commitment, such as:
- I will check in with myself each day to see what I’ve done to get a new job.
- I will make a plan for job hunting.
- I will contact my recruitment consultant at least once a week.
- I will speak to people who care about me if I feel discouraged in my job search.
By setting some New Year’s Resolutions as a job seeker, you can be sure that 2020 will be the year you bag the role you’re really looking for. If 2020 is the year you’re looking to make a change at work, then don’t bother trawling all the recruitment agencies in London to find your dream role—give us a call on 020 7870 7177 and we’ll get your job hunt off to a great start.
Love Success is a leading PA and secretarial recruitment agency in London.
Our recruiters can help you find secretarial jobs, office support jobs, and top PA jobs in London.
View our latest job opportunities here
PA Jobs l Executive Assistant Jobs l Office Support Jobs l Top PA Jobs
Secretarial Jobs l Marketing & PR Jobs l HR Jobs l Finance Jobs