CV Writing Tips from Love Success Recruitment Agency London
The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. -
John D. Rockefeller
Your curriculum vitae (CV) is one of the most important documents you will ever write. If you have a dream job in mind, then think of your CV as your ticket to successfully securing it. This is your personal selling document and its purpose is to get you an interview.
Your CV needs to give the reader a reason to want to meet you and find out more. A good CV will promote your job skills, experience, training, and attitude. It will also act as a springboard in the interview for further inquiry and discussion. With our years of experience as a leading London recruitment agency, we know how to write a great CV, so check out our top tips on CV writing here...
1. Start your CV with a clear and concise career objective. A focused career path provides a powerful opening to your CV. For example, "Seeking a challenging, fast-paced executive assistant job."
2. Identify and detail your key career achievements. State the problem / situation, the action you took, and the result / benefit for the business.
3. Detail your career history. Start with your current or most recent position first. State the company, position held, and duties and responsibilities for each. Bullet points are the most effective way to communicate this information.
4. List your education and professional qualifications. Begin with the most recent first.
5. It is crucial that you include the contact details of two references.
1. Consider the position you are applying for and what it is that they are looking for from the job advert. Make sure that your CV clearly addresses the requirements of the role and demonstrates your suitability for it.
2. Concentrate on providing details of more recent and relevant experience to the role, so if you're applying for receptionist jobs, make sure you emphasise your customer-facing experience. Bullet points are more effective than a narrative style here.
1. The majority of companies prefer CVs to be submitted electronically. To ensure your CV can be viewed / opened easily, create it in a popular document format i.e. MS Word. Avoid writing a long CV, even if you have extensive experience - stick to 2 A4 pages.
2. Make sure your CV has plenty of white space. That is, have adequate spacing between sections / paragraphs, use an easy to read font e.g. Arial, and avoid using multiple colours or font sizes. Save the pictures of balloons and love hearts for personal letters – they just confuse and distract the reader.
Check, check, and triple check your CV for
spelling and grammatical errors!!
Love Success is the leading PA and secretarial recruitment agency in London.
Our expert recruitment consultants can help you find permanent and temporary PA jobs, office support jobs, and secretarial jobs in London.
View our latest job opportunities here
PA Jobs l Executive Assistant Jobs l Office Support Jobs l Top London PA Jobs
Secretarial Jobs l Marketing & PR Jobs l HR Jobs l Finance Jobs