Statutory Sick Pay with Love Success Recruitment Agency London
In order to be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) in the UK, you need to qualify and have been off work on sick leave for 4 or more days in a row (including non-working days). If you're too ill to work, you are eligible to receive £109.40 per week SSP. This will be paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks.
You cannot receive less than the statutory amount, however, you may receive more if your company has a sick pay scheme, sometimes known as an ‘occupational scheme’ – to find out whether you are entitled to this, read your employment contract.
In order to qualify for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), you must:
- Have been off sick for at least 4 consecutive days (including non-working days)
- Be classed as an employee and have already completed some time employed for your employer
- Your earnings must be in at a minimum of £123 (pre-tax) per week
- Tell your employer you are unwell before their deadline - or 7 days if they don’t have a deadline
N.B. Agency workers are eligible for Statutory Sick Pay
You will not qualify if you:
- Have already received the maximum amount of SSP – this is 28 weeks
- Are already receiving Statutory Maternity Pay
- You’re no longer eligible for SSP if you have a continuous series of linked periods that last more than 3 years
You must only get a doctor's fit note to give to your employer if you have missed more than 7 days of work.
What to do if you don’t qualify
In the event of not qualifying for SSP, your employer must give you a form named SSP1 within 7 days of your illness occurring, which you can then use to claim Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) as a replacement.
*** PLEASE READ THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES ON 'CLAIMING SICK PAY DUE TO CORONAVIRUS' ***
Love Success is a leading London PA & office support recruitment agency.
Our expert recruiters can help you find permanent and temporary jobs in London.
View our latest job opportunities here
PA & EA Jobs l Office Support Jobs l Temporary Jobs Marketing & PR Jobs l HR Jobs l Finance Jobs