The Benefits of Temping in London
Posted on Monday, August 12, 2019 by The Temp — No comments
Temporary work in London is booming. There are a plethora of temporary jobs in the capital, particularly within office support and PA roles. If you’re considering temping in London, what are the benefits you can expect to enjoy? As a leading London recruitment agency, we’ll let you in on the benefits of temp jobs.
- Your skills are going to the next level: There’s nothing like doing something in practice to learn and cement new skills. Every company is different, utilises different systems and processes, and has unique ways of dealing with everything from customers to administration. Then you’ll be able to put these newly gained skills on your future CV.
- It’s all about you: With permanent recruitment, there’s a real chance that you’ll end up sacrificing elements of yourself or your career to suit the needs of the organisation. With temporary work in London, you are in control. If you want a career break, you take it. If life’s got too hectic, you can work around it. If you want to travel but need some cash, it’s a great option.
- You get seen, you get known: It’s not just a matter of getting your foot in the door for potential long-term opportunities (although this may happen). Temping in London is a powerful networking tool. You’ll be in a prime position to get references that really help and you’ll become better known on the London market.
- You become a recruitment pro: How many of us quake in our boots when it comes to applying for new jobs and the dreaded interviews? It’s normal but exacerbated because we don’t tend to have a huge amount of experience simply being in the role of a job seeker. However, when you’re seasoned at temping in London, you’ll have confidence in recruitment. Find out more about how to interview successfully for temporary jobs in London here. Given that many jobs have vast numbers of applications, being a recruitment pro will be a huge help.
- You have the same rights: Not that long ago, it was true that temporary jobs in London didn’t come with the same employment rights as permanent workers. However, when you’re temping in London, you do still have rights. For example, you’re still entitled to things such as holiday pay. In terms of pay, temporary work in London is currently commanding high rates.
- You get to know yourself: Fall into a permanent position and you quickly align your identity with that of the employer. You can end up sacrificing what matters to you. However, by undertaking different temporary work in London, you gain greater insight into yourself. This can help you refine what you know you enjoy and where you want your career to go. If you find yourself questioning your future or what you want to do, then temping can help you find the answers.
So what are you waiting for? We have a huge number of temporary jobs in London waiting for candidates like you today. Take a look at our current temporary work in London positions now.
Love Success is a leading PA and secretarial recruitment agency in London.
Our recruiters can help you find secretarial jobs, office support jobs, and top PA jobs in London.
View our latest job opportunities here
PA Jobs l Executive Assistant Jobs l Office Support Jobs l Top PA Jobs
Secretarial Jobs l Marketing & PR Jobs l HR Jobs l Finance Jobs