Are you ready to apply for temporary or permanent PA jobs, executive assistant jobs, office support jobs, or receptionist jobs in London? If so, you may have heard the acronym GDPR flying around. Perhaps you’re wondering what it is and what it means for you? In this blog, we’ll let you in on what it is. Love Success is a leading recruitment agency in London, and so we have a robust knowledge of GDPR, as well as all other aspects of employment law.
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is intended to improve data protection for people living in the EU. Basically, it refers to the tightening of processes involving collecting, storing, and managing individuals’ personal data. Recruitment companies must now focus on transparency when candidates apply for roles. As a leading recruitment agency in London, Love Success is required to be upfront and clear with candidates about why we have collected their data, how we will process it, and how long we will store it for. GDPR comes into force in May 2018, but recruitment teams and employers need to be prepared well in advance of this. Penalties for breaking these new laws are severe.
Increased rights for candidates
As an individual applying for permanent or temporary PA jobs, executive assistant jobs, office support jobs, or receptionist jobs in London, you’ll have increased rights. Under the GDPR, you will have the following:
The right to be informed, which includes the obligation on employers to provide transparency regarding how personal data is used.
- The right of access, much like those rights under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, and including subject access request (this is a written request you can make for information).
- The right to the rectification of data that is incomplete or inaccurate (similar to the DPA).
- The right to be forgotten under particular circumstances.
- The right to suppress or block the processing of your personal data (similar to the DPA).
- The new right to portability of data. This allows employees to obtain and then reuse their own personal data for their own purposes under certain circumstances.
As a candidate looking to find top PA jobs and office support jobs in London, there’s nothing you need to do in regard to the introduction of GDPR in April 2018. However, it’s important to have a knowledge of what these laws mean and what your rights are when looking for work through a PA recruitment agency in the UK. At Love Success, we are fully prepared for GDPR and are on hand to provide information and advice if required.
Love Success is a leading PA and secretarial recruitment agency in London.
Our recruiters can help you find secretarial jobs, office support jobs, and top PA jobs in London.
View our latest job opportunities here
PA Jobs l Executive Assistant Jobs l Office Support Jobs l Top PA Jobs
Secretarial Jobs l Marketing & PR Jobs l HR Jobs l Finance Jobs