Research & Trusts Manager
£33,000 - £35,000
Monday to Friday (9am - 5pm)
South East London
Our client, one of the most popular visitor attractions in London, are recruiting for an experienced Research & Trusts Manager to join their development team. This is a truly exciting time to join the organisation, who are embarking on their most ambitious transformation to become an extraordinary cultural destination.This role is an integral part to the business as you will be part of implementing a new revenue fundraising strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be to secure income from Trusts, Foundations, and statutory funders, and to identify and research prospects for individual giving and corporate support. You will collaborate with colleagues to identify projects for support and use their experience of the trust funding sector to prepare suitable approaches and applications. They will support the wider development and executive team in providing detailed research to inform cultivation and stewardship strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a Trust and Foundation fundraising and stewardship strategy and action plan, working closely with the Head of Development to align this strategy with the wider fundraising strategy.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organisation to identify opportunities for Trust support and to develop these info viable fundraising projects and budgets.
- Write tailored applications, addressing grant-making priorities in line with the agreed timetable and targets.
- Monitor reporting deadlines and compile grant reports and return promptly in accordance with the grant terms and conditions.
- Co-ordinate the submission of other donor reports where appropriate.
- Identify and secure funding from overseas foundations, in the U.S. and elsewhere.
- Implement and deliver a fundraising research programme to inform and support the organisation's trust, individual, and corporate fundraising strategy.
- Manage the Development department's fundraising research resources and budget, identifying and procuring relevant resources needed to support prospect research including maximising use of online research tools.
- Identify links between Trustees, Executive, and other organisation staff and contacts and donor prospects, and collaborate support the development of individual prospect strategies.
- Create detailed, well-presented individual and company profiles; contribute to guest lists, briefing notes, and prospect meetings; introduce templates and professional information management systems to support the communication of research, internally and externally.
- Keep up to date, and operate within, fundraising policy and good practice, including the ICO, Charities Commission, and the Fundraising Regulator; ensure all regulatory and statutory policy is communicated to, and understood by, colleagues throughout the Foundation.
- Manage a personal portfolio of Trust donors, building relationships with key contacts. This includes compiling evaluation reports and regular updates, day to day communication, and ensuring Trust contacts are cultivated and invited to events.
- Support the interim Director of Development, Head of Development and the Development Team with general cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts (i.e. letters, drafting proposals, and campaign materials, cultivation activities).
- Manage the Development Officer for the Foundation's chapel (p/t), overseeing their work, setting clear objectives and income targets, supporting their professional development and ensuring their work is aligned with the wider Trust & Foundation strategy and they deliver against target.
- Provide support to the interim Development Director and Head of Development in implementing new fundraising programmes as required.
- Ensure all relevant information (communications, income, deadlines, applications and reports) are recorded on our CRM system.
- Prepare regular reports for the Trustees and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Participate in the day-to-day work of the Foundation - such as reporting, attending Team and Project meetings as required, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks.
- Represent the Foundation's Development interests at internal and external events.
- Build strong relationships across the teams at the Foundation to create proposals and budgets for capital and revenue applications.
- Attend appropriate training (workshops, courses / conferences, and other appropriate events), as agreed with your Line Manager or above.