Our client, a leading NGO organisation, is seeking a temporary HR Advisor to join their team ASAP.
The suitable candidate will have at least 3 years' experience within a HR position.
You must have experience in Immigration, Payroll, and Benefits; knowledge of employment contracts and UK employment law; and the ability to manage the logistics of a project.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Advisor will provide customer-focused, comprehensive, and pragmatic HR advice and support to managers and employees - in line with organisational policies, procedures, and legal requirements. The HR Advisor will play an important part in striving for efficiency, whilst continuously improving delivery of HR services, in collaboration with HR Manager.
The main duties will include:
HR Policies and Procedures
- Be responsible for ensuring that confidential information is kept secure and standard HR documentation is up to date in line with upcoming GDPR legislation.
- Together with the HR Manager create, implement, and improve policies, procedures, and strategies across all the HR areas.
- Manage grievance, disciplinary, and capability investigations and/or hearings.
- Support with managing organisation design and redundancy consultations.
- Manage the HR New Starter induction for permanent staff and return to work inductions for senior staff and the exit interview process, continually evaluating and reviewing the processes for improvements and making recommendations as appropriate
- Manage flexible working requests and provide necessary documentation.
- Prepare maternity/paternity/adoption letters and conduct the appropriate meetings with employees, ensuring that relevant calendars are produced on time and accurately reflect the employee's request for leave.
- Regularly review and update the London Employee handbook, ensuring that we are compliant with UK labour law requirements.
- Provide advice and supporting document to managers and staff on escalated HR policy related queries.
- Communicating the compensation strategy, promotions, senior designations, annual increases, and bonuses whilst implementing any changes with supporting documentation.
- Support in ensuring that immigration compliance is maintained, including sponsored, non-sponsored, and right to work checks and that appropriate government gateways are updated, e.g. SMS, in line with statutory deadlines.
- Manage the work visa process for employees when needed and ensure visa records/employee files are up to date in conjunction with the HR Manager.
HRIS System Management
- Verify the correct update of employee details in HRIS system (Workday), spreadsheets, systems, and intranet.
- Manage the Workday system in the UK - ensure accuracy of data in Workday and that duplicated systems are streamlined into Workday as appropriate.
- Ensure employees at all levels are correctly trained on using Workday.
- Ensure business processes are adhered to and are completed in a timely manner.
- Lead on input and administration of manual payroll interventions, meeting payroll deadlines set in payroll calendar.
- Ensure monthly payroll is accurate, comparing contributions and deductions each month to ensure the correct transfers are made to employee accounts and benefit providers.
- Oversee the P-60 and P-11 forms process when needed in conjunction with our external payroll partners and finance teams.
- Ensure all necessary reports are downloaded, saved, and passed to finance.
- Review in detail benefit invoices to ensure all details are correct with the HR Assistant.
- Meet employees to clarify escalated benefit issues or any third-party changes to benefit programs.
- Manage annual benefit open enrolment process and publicise details in line with global offerings.
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practices, knowledge sharing within the team to ensure continuous development and improvement in the service offered.
- Stay up to date with ACAS and Home Office guidelines.
- Responsible for updating internal policies and documentation in line with UK legislation.
This is an immediate start paying between £15 - £18 per hour.
If you have the relevant experience and feel you will be suitable for this role , please apply below.