Our client, an NGO organisation, is seeking a hardworking and professional HR Administrator to join their team on a temporary basis for 6 weeks. Paying between £12 - £13.50 per hour starting immediately.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advertise job vacancies by adding job details to the recruitment database; upload the post to be advertised internally and externally via relevant websites and publications.
- Check all adverts are on the relevant websites, print adverts for file, and check the recruitment application process functionality.
- Participate on interview panels as appropriate for grade 1-2 roles.
- Organise interview process with interview panel, invite successful candidates for interview and scheduling interviews and tests.
- To arrange travel and accommodation arrangements for candidates where required and process candidates' travel expenses.
- Prepare interview panel packs for interviews and support the delivery of selection tests.
- Monitor the recruitment inbox and respondto recruitment enquiries both internally and externally.
- Maintain and organise relevant recruitment filing and archiving.
- Work closely with the HR Manager and HR Advisor to support the delivery of an effective recruitment provision to designated programmes and departments.
- Support the implementation of the new recruitment system.
- Responsible for updating the recruitment spreadsheet.
- Produce quarterly recruitment reports for SMT and update the finance people plan on a weekly basis.
Pre-employment administration - following appropriate checklists
- Send out reference requests and pre-employment health checks to successful candidates and follow up with referees and Inter-health where there are delays and queries.
- Prepare offer letters, employment contract, pensions correspondence, and other starter pack information for new starters.
- Calculate and update annual leave records.
- Input new starter information into HR information system and prepare electronic and hard-copy file.
- Prepare induction pack, new starter file, and organise induction schedule.
Probationary period and review administration
- Communicate probationary period and other end dates to new staff and their managers.
- Send relevant reminders to managers and staff regarding upcoming end dates.
- Confirm in writing completed probationary periods and revisions with staff and managers.
Starters, leavers, and changes
- Follow through checklists for process.
- Communicate process with relevant staff and managers in writing.
- Ensure relevant HR information systems and IT systems are updated with leaver information and enable IT and facilities to retrieve IT property.
- Ensure return of security cards and other property from staff leaving the Institute.
- Arrange exit interviews and other relevant meetings in a timely manner, taking notes as requested.
- Conduct inductions for all new staff.
Performance management administration
- Collate, store and record completed appraisal forms.
- Monitor completion of performance appraisals and follow up with managers and staff regarding outstanding appraisal forms.
- File appraisal forms periodically.
- Support HR manager and HR Advisor with administration for annual processes, the training analysis ratings, and meeting preparation..
HR web page
- Update and maintain the HR intranet portal.
- Manage and update the HR document management system.
HR information systems and processes
- To take a proactive approach in continuously reviewing, both manual and computerised HR systems and processes, and to improve and streamline them and eliminate duplication.
- To ensure accurate records are kept for each employee, including responsibility for starting and maintaining staff personnel files.
- To develop and produce management information reports, including identifying enhancements required to the HRIS.
- To be responsible for regularly updating salary, starter/ leaver, absence, and all other employment and recruitment data.
- To manage the archive system, ensuring all old documents are labelled clearly and archived efficiently
- Monitor HR reports from timesheets, highlighting areas of concern or action to the HR Manager or HR Advisor.
- Proactively review and assist in improving HR documents, templates, and checklists as required or requested by the HR team.
- Support the production of HR reports.
General HR tasks
- Carry out routine HR administration, for example, be responsible for opening HR mail; date stamping and directing to the right person in the HR team; ordering stationery supplies and ensuring sufficient stock for HR use.
- Ensure self-certificates and medical certificates are submitted. Provide monthly reports to the HR Manager and HR Advisor on sickness absence rates.
- Become familiarised with the HR staff policy handbook and contracts of employment to be able to answer absence and other employee-related queries from employees.
- Draft letters and deal with routine correspondence, for example, enquiries relating to employment or internship, reference requests, and support with drafting staff-related letters for other members of the HR team as requested
- Distribute pension correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Process HR-related invoices.
- Take minutes at staff meetings and other HR meetings as requested such as job evaluation, employee relations cases etc. To support the organisation and co-ordination of HR related meetings as requested by the HR team.
Learning and Development Co-ordination
- Provide learning and development administrative support to the HR Advisor and HR Manager.
- To assist in the coordination of learning and development interventions.
- Primary responsibility for accurately updating instructions with starters, leavers, and changers on a monthly basis, and by preparing payroll instructions for checking in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all payroll information is stored accurately on ADP.
- Update reminders on the ADP payroll system on a weekly basis, to ensure the team stay up to date on operational details.
If you are feel you have the relevant experience and skillset required, please apply!