We are looking for a Communications Specialist to be part of a close-knit, collaborative, and fast-paced team. The Communications Specialist is responsible for finding and following-up on potential media opportunities, drafting and editing all forms of content from blogs to op-eds, and working together with the programs to develop communications strategies and projects.
Purpose of Position:
The Communications Office of this company is looking for a Communications Specialist with a strong media background, fluent writing skills, the ability to turn around content under tight deadlines, and present confident interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders.
As a member of the Office of Communications, the Communications Specialist will report directly to the Head of Regional Communications.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (some details about the role might be added, changed, or removed and other duties at any time):
- Strong media experience, being able to find media opportunities in different international media markets and being at ease pitching stories on a regular basis.
- Excellent writing skills, the ability to turn around content under tight deadlines, and confident interpersonal skills with diverse stakeholders.
Essential duties include:
- Offering assistance with the coordination and implementation of communications strategies for the company and advancement of its goals through media, publications, and digital.
- Building lists and relationships with journalists: identifying and pitching stories, replying to press inquiries; supporting with media training where required.
- The ability to draft, edit, and distribute press releases, op-eds, blogs, newsletters, briefing papers, brochures, speeches, website entries, and reports.
- Uploading contracts and payments as assigned.
- Managing the company website content: managing content development, uploading and reviewing materials, ensuring the website's effectiveness as a resource and advocacy tool.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and improving media outreach efforts.
- Managing consultants and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant professional experience.
- Foreign European language skills (particularly French / German / Spanish) preferred.
- Previous experience in a communications role working in a mid- to large-sized organization (public, private, or third sector) in a multi-issue, fast paced environment.
- Outstanding English-language writing, verbal, and editing abilities, as well as excellent research skills; additional languages strongly preferred.
The role is for a minimum of a 2-3 month period and will start ASAP.
http://www.lovesuccess.co.uk | 020 7870 7177
Love Success is a leading London recruitment agency.
Contact us now to find top PA jobs and Office Support jobs in London.
We specialise in PA jobs, EA jobs, Office Support jobs, Receptionist jobs, and Marketing & PR jobs.
We are London’s leading PA recruitment agency for 2019.