Long-term temp to perm Buyer based in Rugby
Temp £16.83 per hour with the possibility of going permanent
£35,000 per annum fully offices based.
One of my well-established rail infrastructure clients based in Rugby is looking to recruit a Buyer, this will be a long temp to perm role.
You will be responsible for purchasing spares and management of the supplier base for non-strategic purchases of products and services for Rail Grinding/ Rail Milling machines.
The role supports the procurement function and is responsible for the inventory management and supply of materials and services required to support the maintenance and operation of the rail grinding fleet on time and within budget.
The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring compliance with business governance, and that all mandatory and company 'Safety, Quality & Environmental' standards are implemented and adhered to.
- Management of data for stock items, including lead time, cost, primary and secondary supplier, setting maximum and minimum levels alongside other key information
- Material quotes & Purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner.
- Ensure that stock is ordered promptly following usage to avoid stockouts.
- The client's FAMS system is kept up to date with product purchases and stock holding.
- Maximise availability of material whilst minimising stock levels & aligning with stock holding levels.
- Maintaining high levels of accuracy through stocktakes.
- Ensuring key items have the correct level of stock available at all times.
- Escalating any persistent supplier performance issues to the Procurement Team
- Reorder supplier details are updated on the business system.
- The repairable float is managed throughout the supply chain & business system.
- Warranties and rejections are managed by the rail grinding engineers through to the conclusion.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accurate warehouse document control to satisfy audit criteria.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish KPIs required by Colas Rail Ltd.
- Compliance with ISO 9001 and 14001 Quality and Environmental procedures.
- Work closely with finance to ensure budget targets are met.
- To work safely with due regard to their own and other people's well-being.
- At all times wear personal protective equipment appropriate to the tasks being carried out.
- Comply with all local and company rules or instructions on safety matters.
- Participate in a positive manner in all company safety initiatives.
- Attend safety briefing sessions as required by the company.
- Present themselves for duty promptly and fit to carry out their duties as required by the company policy and procedures.
- Co-ordination of all overhauled equipment to support rail grinding fleet engineering maintenance From time to time if the need arises be prepared to lodge away from home for a limited period in order to fulfil business requirements.
- When driving company vehicles, do so within the bounds of the Highway Code and any appropriate company instructions or procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- An analytical mind.
- Ability to work safely and under my own initiative without supervision.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- Possess a structured methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Willingness to continue personal development through training.
- Have an enquiring and inquisitive mind and be prepared to challenge and think outside of the recognised cultural norm on procedures and practices.
- Experience in managing and developing staff.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and achieve deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous Stores/warehouse procedures knowledge & experience essential
- Stock control experience essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Materials Management and Store qualifications are desirable.
- Experience in the use of material management functions in the business system is essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of quality systems and management
- In possession of a clean road vehicle driving license
Please only apply if you are available to start next week as a PAYE temp on an ongoing basis and have all the above experience and skills.