£24,000 - £26,000
East London, E1
We are looking for a professional, well-presented, and experienced Office Assistant who is ready to take the next step in their career as a Team Assistant. This is a really great opportunity within an established but growing firm. You will need to have strong organisational and communication skills with a professional and proactive approach.
You will be responsible for answering and directing incoming calls, greeting visitors, assisting with booking and maintaining conference rooms, and general office upkeep, along with some regular administrative duties. You will also assist with projects as required, working closely and reporting to the EA to CEO. We are looking for a proactive, responsive, and reliable individual to provide a high standard of support to staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for all clients and create an inviting, professional atmosphere.
- Screen and quickly direct incoming calls to the appropriate employee.
- Set up and facilitate all meeting requirements for guests and staff, including ordering lunch/refreshments, serving beverages.
- Oversee in office events and solve problems as they arise.
- Coordinate mail, shipping, and receiving including corresponding with couriers.
- Manage office and kitchen supplies and orders materials as necessary. Ensurethat the office's general appearance is kept to a high standard.
- Assist EA to CEO with projects/admin tasks when required.
- Provide support for human resources, such as scheduling interviews and booking training.
- Support the Director's team with travel, diary management, and administrative tasks.
- Responsible for tracking and submitting monthly expenses for the Director's team using the web expenses system.
- Responsible for legal compliance such as health & safety / fire assessments, keeping relevant records and maintaining appropriate certification.
- Work with the environmental management system team to assist with their monthly meetings, typing up minutes and completing office assessments.
- Organise conference calls and distribute relevant dial-in details using our BlueJeans system.
- Oversee/assist in conference room bookings for all London office meetings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to deal with clients and companies in a skilled and courteous manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Work effectively and professionally with staff of all levels.
- Previous experience of using an online expenses system would be advantageous.
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive relationship with all staff in the organisation with a proactive and solution-driven approach.
- Working hours: Please be aware that that working hours may vary occasionally due to office events.
- Dress code: Smart and professional front of house appearance is required.
- Previous experience of using web expenses or similar online expenses systems would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate would need to have an interest in office health & safety, as this will be something you will be trained and responsible for.