THIS ROLE WILL BE REMOTE INITIALLY FOR THREE MONTHS.
IF REQUIRED TO GO TO THE OFFICE, IT WILL BE NEWCASTLE.
Our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior User Researcher to join their Digital team on a 3-month initial contract, which is likely to be extended.
The main duties of the role include:
* Planning and executing field- and lab-based user research according to business and project needs.
* Advising on choice and application of appropriate user research methods and tools to assure best practice and ensure that research findings are robust, actionable, and suited to the overall aims and objectives of the project.
* Facilitating the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate research activities.
* Advocating for accessibility, assisted digital, and inclusive design practices and helps teams design and deliver accessible services that work for all users.
* Supporting teams to continually improve their understanding of and engagement with users.
* Providing actionable insights to support design decision-making.
* Championing and advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders.
* Undertaking development and assurance of ethics and consent processes; supporting the development of privacy and equalities impact assessments.
* Participating in and/or supporting programme and project assurance activities.