- £15-£17 per hour
- Temporary until July 2024 - Permanent role available
- Specialist school - SEN
- Start ASAP
- 3 days a week
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide Clerical support to the Inclusion Team - AHT for inclusion, SENDCO, Asst SENDCO, SEN Teachers
Ensure all One Plans are regularly reviewed and amended to ensure quality provision is planned and communicated with all stakeholders
To ensure that Annual Reviews and EHCP/HNF pupils' needs are reviewed within compliance timeframes
To liaise with parents and carers
To liaise with external agencies and feeder schools
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
This list is not exhaustive but includes:
- To provide support to the Inclusion team about EHC Plans, Assessment and Reviews and, to work with parent and carers to ensure their views are appropriately reflected in service delivery.
- Managing Annual Reviews to ensure each pupil's EHCP/HNF is reviewed annually. - this involves arranging appointments /setting up meetings with agencies/staff/ parents/interpreters - ensuring all paperwork is typed, packed and prepared. Following the review ensure the meeting notes are typed, proofread and distributed to all concerned within the 2 weeks' timeframe.
- To undertake SEN casework and the administrative side of the EHC plan process ensuring that it is in line with the legislative framework and reflects all relevant legislation relating to SEND.
- To promote safeguarding and follow all robust policies and procedures to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring CIN reports from Social Workers are returned promptly for filing in student files.
- To support the inclusion team by managing crucial interfaces with support services, including Children's Social Care and Health, as well as maintaining excellent multi-agency working relationships.
- To keep the Inclusion Filing system up to date both hard files and electronic copies.
- Knowledge of the legal definition of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and familiarity with the guidance about meeting special educational needs given in the SEN Code of Practice.
- To assist the AHT for Inclusion/ SENDCO /n booking meetings with outside agencies and parents.
- Liaising with primary/feeder schools and external services ensuring that all SEN information is received.
- Forwarding SEN information to transfer schools.
- To provide support to the Inclusion team in relation to Care Plans, to work with parents and carers, school nurses and teaching staff to ensure plans are up to date and accessible when needed
- To assist in updating the provision map for SEN students and to ensure that SIMs are clearly and consistently updated with all relevant information promptly.
- To support one plan, ensure all are proofread. Sending home to parents/amending if possible. Filing of all one plan in the student's SEN file.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Inclusion team to enable the efficient running of the SEN Department including photocopying, filing, emailing, sorting and distributing mail, contacting parents and other professionals
- To liaise with PHS to arrange collections of our nappy bins in PMLD and sanitary bins in the toilets. Whole School
- To liaise with Newham school buses regarding students' collections/drop-offs. Informing them of term dates.
- The post holder will need to liaise sensitively and effectively & use a variety of interpersonal skills and strategies to establish supportive and positive relationships with colleagues, students, parents and carers.
- Flexibility in carrying out duties will be required.
- the postholder will often need to act on his/her initiative.
- Ensure that all services are delivered within the framework of the school's core values and in line with policy and procedure.
Supporting the School
- To fully implement all school procedures and policies.
- To participate in staff training days and external courses as may be required by the needs of the post and as identified by the Head of School/Head Teacher.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post-holder may be required by the CEO to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
For more information, Please call Leonie at Love Success on 07598138626.
Please only apply for this role if you have worked as an SEN Administrator in a school.