Front of House & Venue Sales Coordinator
£22,000 - £25,000
We are recruiting for an experienced Receptionist to join a membership organisation based in the City. This is a varied and dynamic role within a great company and team. You will have a true passion for customer service and have previous experience in a client/customer-facing reception role.
The main focus of the role is to be the first point of contact for all Institution enquiries and visitors, providing a consistent, customer-focused, and professional front of house service. You will manage bookings (internal Institution, staff and external enquirers) from initial contact, to follow-up (includes preparing a draft booking contract for external bookings), to the first class delivery of the meeting, which includes all associated hospitality requirements.
You will need to be flexible and collaborative with team members to deliver a holistic service to all customers.
Front of House/Reception
- Answer all inbound enquiries including emails and the main switchboard in a professional, friendly manner, providing first line assistance as appropriate.
- Where necessary, direct enquiries to the relevant Institution staff member, providing contact details and the nature of the enquiry. If the recipient is unavailable, offer voicemail or take and email/instant message comprehensive message details.
- Ensure knowledge of the daily building activity (what meetings/conferences are taking place) and staff whereabouts (access to calendars/sickness etc.) to ensure customer experience is not impacted.
- Meet and greet all visitors, ensure signing-in procedures are adhered to, and ensure that a welcoming, professional first impression is achieved. Take receipt of all parcels etc. and ensure prompt distribution.
- Ensure the Main Reception, Exhibition, Kitchen, and Member areas are kept clean and tidy. Report issues to Facilities as necessary.
- Support meet and greet registration services at Institution Events held at Head Office, as required, which may involve some 'out of hours' working.
- Input all internal Institution and staff room bookings into Condeco (booking management system) following protocols and procedures.
- Support the Venue Manager with third-party bookings following the same procedures as outlined above.
- Liaise and work with the Facilities General Assistants to prepare meeting rooms in advance of bookings: ensure all equipment is in good working order, check meeting room facilities are fully stocked, take delivery of all catering, arrange refrigeration storage as necessary, and prepare and distribute catering/beverages as required. Clear meeting room of papers/catering etc. following each meeting.
- Brief the client on the day, providing H&S information, demonstrating AV equipment, and being on hand to answer any queries that come up throughout the day.
- Distribute post-meeting feedback surveys to venue hirer.
- Set up venue viewing appointments and deliver site inspections as required.
- Take responsibility for managing the Venue in-box and managing all communications in full ensuring the "hire of 47-58 Bastwick Street" protocol is adhered to and within set timescales; escalating complex issues to the Venue Manager.
- Prepare basic proposals for bookings, identifying opportunities for up-selling and negotiating booking rates.
- Follow up associated administration for "venue show- around" and for confirmed venue bookings within defined timescales, (i.e. preparation of contracts, invoices, function sheets etc.) ensuring all is kept up to date at all times).
- Accurately input data related to all bookings into the booking system, Condeco, and ensure internal administrative data (i.e. sales spreadsheets) reflects the same/required information in a timely manner to enable any team member to manage the bookings in your absence.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Maths and English secondary school education, ideally with further business/secretarial or customer services education qualification.
- Basic knowledge of Food Hygiene would be advantageous.
- A valid First Aid Certification and/or Fire Warden training would be advantageous.
- A general business administration qualification or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to understand the needs of the client and provide superior customer service in a professional and corporate setting.
- Excellent oral communication skills with an excellent telephone manner
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and explain information clearly and succinctly.
- Flexible/adaptable and resourceful.
- IT Skills - Outlook/Word to Intermediate/Advanced standard. Basic Excel and PowerPoint.
- Room booking system experience would be advantageous (ideally Condeco).