Our client, a Global Publishing Company specialising in the medical and science field, is looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant for a 6-month project.
You will be responsible for providing assistance to a group of Content Project Managers, working on reference content, and assisting with managing the projects through all stages from project approval to final product and delivery.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in dealing with correspondence from authors, editors, and suppliers, handling queries and negotiating deadlines.
- Assisting with email and telephone chasing throughout all stages of the publishing process.
- Making arrangements for internal/external meetings and taking minutes where required.
- Updating fields to ensure records are accurate and generating reports to assess project status.
- Arranging for gratis copies to be sent out (as required by contracts), and where required, assisting with the outsourcing of such tasks with external suppliers.
Key skills required are excellent administrative skills, an understanding of the publishing process, and competence in MS Office, as well as the use of spreadsheets/costing and estimating.
The ideal candidate for this role would have experience in a publishing environment and have 6 months - 1 years' experience in an administrative or customer service/support role.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of literacy skills and must be available immediately. Please do not apply if you are on notice!