Are you an experienced and professional Pensions Specialist Consultant?
Our client, a global organisation, is seeking a temporary/contractor for a period of 2 - 12 months (depending on the project). This role is based in Chesterfield and will be paying a competitive rate of £300 - £450 per day (depending on experience).
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience of both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contribution (DC) (a minimum of 12 months).
- The ability to deal with complex pension-related queries in writing and by phone.
- Experience of working on scheme events such as benefit statements, AVC statements, pension saving statements, scheme valuation, and pension increase.
- Ideally current knowledge of pensions legislation and regulations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, ideally to an advanced level in Excel.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative to agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to carry out manual calculations.
The ideal candidate will have completed the following:
- Leadership of a team.
- Responsible for allocating and checking work, which consists mainly of retirements, transfers, deaths, and divorce.
- Working on projects such as Barber and GMP reconciliation and also historic changes to deferred spouses pensions that were missed by a previous administrator.
- Final signoff for another large DB scheme before the requests go to the trustees for approval then a payment is made.
- Assisting dealing with new entrants, transfers, member queries, and updating records.
- Working on GMP reconciliations, reviewing retirement calculations that were previously done wrong.
- Getting schemes ready to enter the Pension Protection Fund and various data cleaning exercises.
- Producing and checking calculations on 12 Defined Benefit Pension Schemes.
- Have dealt with any projects such as large redundancy exercises, etc.
If you are interested, please apply below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.