£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Monday to Friday 8.30 - 18:00pm, however flexibility is required
The Office Manager will lead and manage the operational structure of the day-to-day running of the practice. Carrying out the strategic plans and overseeing all aspects of the practice to ensure that the needs of the business, guests, and staff are met. This varied role will undertake a wide range of tasks to ensure the effective and efficient running of the business.
This is an exciting time to be joining the business, as you will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business, sharing and helping to implement new ideas that will benefit the overall profitability and function of the business. You will also be working alongside the Clinic Director - an influential and hardworking individual who will support and help you develop within yourself and your career.
You will be the right hand to the Clinical Director and in addition to the below will be responsible for ensuring that the Clinical Director is organised, meeting with clients according to scheduled meetings, and ensuring she has completed her daily to do list efficiently and effectively. You will need to be highly organised, resilient, and have the confidence to upward manage the Clinical Director to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Clinical Director to supervise the operating budget: prepare yearly budgets, financial and KPI presentations, and cashflow forecasts, and be accountable for revenue objectives.
- Work with the partners to plan the practice budgets with a focus on development and an upgrade of the practice environment equipment.
- Make effective decisions to help the business run smoothly and efficiently to meet Key Performance Indicators as outlined in the strategic plan.
- To trouble-shoot staffing issues including risk management, ordering, and guest dissatisfaction.
- Develop a Brand Standards for the practice covering a wide range of items from telephoning answering, appearance/dress standards, FAQs, daily surgery tasks, etc. through to the desired patient experience to be offered by our practice.
- To devise a new Brand Standards Manual and deliver appropriate training for the staff workforce.
- Be the spokesperson for the Practice and be able to discuss the various objectives and plans to make it more successful.
- Manage and monitoring the marketing strategy and ensure that existing marketing tools are used to best effect and that value for money is achieved.
- To be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the day-to-day management of the team ensuring that work priorities are determined and applied consistently, deadlines are complied with, and the quality of customer care is maintained.
- To manage and prioritise personal workload ensuring that the smooth running of the office is maintained.
- Deputise for the Clinical Director as required and oversee staff recruitment of the workforce.
- Line manage the staff team of 3 people, supervising and evaluating employees' performance, ensuring all work programmes are achieved by staff.
- Set rules and procedures for employees to follow and ensure effective implementation, training, and adherence among all employees.
- Prepare and chair weekly meetings with partners and ensure monitoring and evaluation of key actions.
- Conduct 90-day reviews of what has been planned/achieved in the practice in the last quarter and then to plan our next 90-day strategy.
- Three years' experience in office management including managing a minimum of 5 staff
- Excellent leadership and management of teams and busy practice environments with an inclusive management style
- Resilient and the ability to think outside the box
- Experience dealing with HNWIs
- Inquisitive and ask lots of questions initially until you are familiar with the way the business operates
- Advanced verbal/written communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a wide variety of financial procedures including maintaining accurate records
- Effective numeracy skills to calculate financial information and statistics.
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills to ensure effective office systems are in place.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload, and the workload of others, under pressure to ensure that delegated tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to perform to the best of their abilities and be able to supervise/induct new staff
- Computer literacy and able to use the suite of Microsoft applications, databases, including excel, access, PowerPoint, word and a desktop publishing software package
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and produce strategic reports and understanding marketing and public relations
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Proven strong skills in customer care
- Effective interpersonal skills e.g. able to work with people at different levels in different organisations
- Sensitivity and flexibility
- Ability to supervise the work of others