Membership Administrative Assistant
6-month Fixed Term Contract
We are recruiting for a membership administrative assistant for a 6-month contract based in the City. This is very much a data entry role and you need to be familiar with Excel. You will be supporting the Membership Services Administrator to enable the timely turnaround of enrolling new members and renewing subscriptions for existing members, assisting in the maintenance of the membership database to ensure the quality of data is clean and up to date, processing payments and fees, and agreeing daily financial reports.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Membership department, answering queries, taking payments, and advising on suitable levels of membership etc.
- Advise new members on how to join, process their applications, and issue new starter packs.
- Assist in ensuring the database records and member details are meticulously maintained, and that change of details and amendments are updated at all times.
- Providing data as necessary and as requested to support mailshots, communications, and event registration etc.
- Process membership payments and produce and dispatch membership cards and certificates in a timely manner.
- Produce an end-of-day report to ensure takings and database match.
- Carry out any other necessary administrative processes to support the work of the Membership Services Administration.
- Participate in any other projects or tasks as required in order to support other departments during their peak times.
- Strong IT skills, an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and experience of using or ability to readily learn how to use membership databases and CRM systems.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills in English, in particular in dealing efficiently and competently with telephone and online queries from customers.
- Proven administrative ability, with experience of processing data accurately and demonstrating excellent attention to detail while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accurate, organised and methodical fashion to tight timescales.
- Experience of handling card payments over the phone and online.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure paperwork is scanned, filed and archived in a systematic and timely manner.
- Willing and able to work on their own initiative, while remaining aware of own limitations and when they should ask for help.
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team to deliver excellent customer service.
- A calm, professional, and 'can-do' attitude towards the workplace.