This is a fantastic opportunity working in a senior marketing role on a dynamic, progressive, and fast-growing product portfolio. The role reports to the head of knowledge marketing and is based in central Westminster with responsibility for the line management of a marketing specialist and marketing assistant. Our client is a leader in their sector, publishing and providing books, journals, and digital products to both academic and corporate markets. The right person will apply their digital and traditional marketing prowess to help us realise the potential for further domestic and international growth.
The marketing manager will help achieve financial and strategic goals for 2018 and lay the groundwork for strong growth beyond that, with a particular focus on digital marketing. The role will develop the marketing strategy and ensure that tactical marketing is delivered successfully and within budget. The marketing manager will be charged with increasing the international visibility, awareness, and sales of products through using the full marketing mix in both academic and corporate markets. This is a great opportunity to flex your strategic insight and work in an energetic and demanding team and as such, you will be willing to engage fully with the product and customer base to help ensure your success.
- Plan and develop marketing strategies and tactical schedules for product lines to help achieve divisional budgets and KPIs.
- Ensure the websites continue to be the successful centre piece of the digital marketing strategy.
- Be a 'Digital First' leader inspiring the team to maximise digital marketing techniques.
- A creative thinker that produces inspiring and differentiated campaigns.
- Own and develop the brand awareness and equity.
- Be a leader within the knowledge marketing team - offering advice and feedback to the rest of the marketing team.
- Manage and develop the marketing team.
- Internal stakeholder management - reporting, analysing, and opposing.
- Identify markets ripe for penetration and action promotional tactics into this market.
- Analyse sales reports and identify trends or market opportunities.
- Monitor all channels to market for products and services and make recommendations/improvements where necessary to increase sales.
- Build on current partnerships and develop new ones to deliver additional sales/awareness.
- Be the voice of the customer through market research and other trend tools.
- Increase media coverage through increased activity with press team.
- Set and monitor budgets for the marketing team.
- Ensure the marketing team have the requisite product and customer knowledge.
- Monitor ROI of all activities and feedback results into planning process.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing management including strategic and tactical planning. They will be adept at budget setting and management. They will have past experience of team/people management and development and be expert in digital marketing and media/PR strategies. They will come with lots of ideas, creative energy, and also a critical eye to help build on the success of this division. Experience of utilising the full marketing mix to achieve targets for academic and professional journals and books would be a distinct advantage.
The role is a rewarding one working with a team of dynamic, talented, and committed colleagues with the flexibility for the right candidate to really put their own stamp on the division's marketing strategy.
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year's salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme.