Learning and Development/HR Officer | £37,000 - £40,000 (Salary depanding on experience)
Permanent | Hybrid working (Victoria) | Full time
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and capable Learning and Development/HR Officer to support the Head of HR and lead on all aspects of the employee lifecycle. The role includes providing proactive generalist advice and support to line managers and other employees on all HR issues, ensuring compliance with UK Employment Legislation.
- Act as a main point of contact for all HR queries, questions and escalations.
- Provide advice and resolution regarding HR policy and procedure
- Oversee the administrative onboarding for new employees by the HR Administrator.
- Case management, specifically disciplinary cases, grievances and appeals and to act as the HR representative for procedural meetings or hearings (including disciplinary, grievance, and capability processes).
- Advising managers on probation and exit processes of employees.
- Overseeing and advising on the sickness absence process, including monitoring and recording of absences through Sage HR, provision of advice to managers, supporting internal meetings.
- Lead on induction, probation and performance management processes of staff.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation.
- In conjunction with the HR team, produce monthly payroll information, ensuring the database is updated with payroll documents, liaising with the Finance department as required.
- Oversee and ensure all HR information systems including the electronic personnel files, SageHR, and organisation charts are up to date and accurate.
- Oversee accurate management and maintenance of employee attendance records, including sickness absence through use of SageHR.
- Draft correspondence and prepare reports as required, including HR KPIs, through the use of SageHR.
- Oversee and ensure that all HR files and databases are efficiently set-up and maintained, observing confidentiality at all times.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process for all new positions.
- Lead on recruitment and related administration, including issuing employment contracts, developing job descriptions and person specifications, advertising, shortlisting and liaising with external recruiters and candidates as necessary.
- Manage and maintain the recruitment budget and spreadsheet.
- Advise line managers on the recruitment process and how to shortlist positions.
- Leading on the on-boarding process for new employees, including ensuring all employees are compliant with right to work legislations and all documents are held on file.
- Lead on learning and development initiatives, ensuring accurate data management on the L&D IS.
- Proactively support line managers in identifying training opportunities and managing L&D spend.
- Continually suggest areas for improvement and efficiency in L&D.
- Review and update policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure compliance with UK legislation.
- Hold Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience of working within a HR/ ER advisory role
- Knowledge of EDI principles and practices
- Previous experience of reviewing and updating HR policies and procedures
- Previous experience of dealing with recruitment and admin
- Demonstrable experience of working with high level employee relations cases
- Ability to advise and support senior members of staff
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Experience of maintaining and working with HR systems
- Excellent administrative skills and good IT skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently
- Ability to show initiative, multitask, problem solve and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities
- Competent in drafting HR reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise work appropriately.
- A flexible, hands-on approach to work and a strong team player.