Office & IT administrator
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17.30
Are you naturally an IT / Tech guru with a natural interest in forward-thinking technology? We are looking for a confident, experienced office assistant to join a boutique consultancy firm in London as an Office & IT administrator. go-to person for help with IT / techie challenges, and showing off your superb MS Office skills.
What you will be doing:
- You are a bit of an IT whizz and so will be the go-to person for help in setting up and troubleshooting issues with iPhones, laptops, or desktops. They have an IT service provider to help with the really technical stuff, and you will be their first point of contact. You will also be the point of contact for working with the mobile phone supplier.
- You will be very tech-savvy, and highly competent at working with standard office technology and online applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, Outlook, Dropbox, and conference call lines such as WebEx, Skype, and Zoom. If you know of other new programmes / technologies that introduce a simpler, more efficient way of working, the team are keen to learn from you.
- You will also be a MS Office super-user. You know all the tips and techniques to get the best from Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and you are willing to share that expertise with your colleagues to help them. Interest and/or exposure to SQL/databases would be an advantage.
- Sometimes they will need you to help create amazing on-brand documents. You might be asked to turn some rough ideas, notes, or sketches into a document, or some slides, that they can share with a client. A good creative eye for design would be a useful skill to have. You might also have some experience of graphic design packages.
- The Operations Team also take care of all the logistics around any meetings that take place on the premises, including room bookings, catering, arranging technology, and greeting visitors.
- Making sure the printer is working, ordering office supplies, and keeping an eye on general housekeeping is done by the Operations Team too.
- Part of your role is to manage e-mail and other communications relating to everything to do with the office, our suppliers, and any 'all team' activities. This includes such things as 'all team' cascades, holiday trackers, and logistics for team meetings.
- The Operations Team co-ordinate a number of standard processes (such as induction, disaster recovery etc.) and you will also help induct new starters about your specific areas of responsibility.
- You love variety and hate two days being the same. You love a challenge and finding solutions to problems. You don't wait be told what needs to be done, or to be asked. You see something that you think needs to be done, or someone that needs you help, and you get on and sort it.
- You will have great working relationships so that everyone works together to achieve the most positive results.
- The quality of your work will be superb.
- They'll see your positive, 'can-do' approach to work.
- You are naturally curious about how people and things work.
- Some might describe you as a born organiser with a desire not to leave loose ends.
- You will already have a few years work experience of working in a office management, admin, or PA type role. They are a fast-moving, client-facing, consultancy business and so work experience in a comparable environment would be ideal.
- They will support you to grow in your role, and to take on more responsibility for how to manage facilities and suppliers.
- If you want more training and development, they can agree a plan to make sure you can keep up with trends, tools, and packages.