Our client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
Our clients believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, our client is recognised worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
The Role: (brief information about the role/area of HR etc):
- HR People Advisor will provide support to 2-300 people in the UK Analyst Consulting Group.
- HR People Advisor will provide generalist support with Human Resources activities, specifically around orientation, employee relations, performance achievement and career development.
- Assist with the coordination of ongoing performance achievement, annual compensation, and salary administration according to geographic/entity guidelines.
- Support the resolution of people issues in a timely manner.
- Support the Leadership and Career Counsellors on HR policy and procedures.
- Assist with ongoing performance feedback processes by providing regular guidance on delivering and receiving feedback, and supporting the implementation of career management discussions (CMDs)
- Support the Leadership Team with Community meetings, Employee Consultation Forums and associated activity.
- Support Career Counsellors and supervisors in the career development of all assigned personnel; help ensuring objectives are set and managing career plans/individual training needs on an ongoing basis.
- Support the orientation and integration of transferred employees and subsequent new hires.
- Support the termination process by helping to organise discussions, gathering appropriate documentation, coordinating exit interviews, and reporting on trends.
- Update all personnel changes from initial request through approval and implementation (location transfers, entity transfers, workforce transfers, other personnel transactions) in the systems.
- Support the implementation of people programs, projects and initiatives.
- Maintain attrition/retention statistics as well as headcount and exit data.
- Update applicable Human Resources systems and maintain data, as required.
- Keep records and update management on a variety of matters including absence, OH referrals, poor performance, terminations, disciplinary and grievance matters and ensure adherence to appropriate policy (non-standard) as required.
- Maintain Team SharePoint (control access / content / upload standard reports)
- Collaborate with HR Team, Talent Supply Chain team, Recruitment, Members of the Management Team, Training teams and Client Groups.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and promote teamwork
- Collaborate with other HR People Advisors to share best practices and contribute to knowledge capital.
They are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Previous HR experience preferred - within a professional services environment with a global reach and an understanding of working in a matrixed organisation
- Employee relations experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources core concepts such as career management, performance achievement, compensation, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Good Customer service skills
- Data analysis experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Conflict management/negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of UK Employment Law
- Ability to remain confident under pressure and work with project teams collaboratively to address issues
- Ability to work well in a team environment
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Human Resources designation/certification preferred or equivalent
What's in it for you:
- They have an extensive benefits package that includes 30 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!