Our client is one of the last truly independent fashion companies within the international arena who produces four clothing labels, leather goods, jewellery and a range of other accessories, fragrances and homewares. Spanning over 40 years the brand is synonymous with opulence and their designs have had significant cultural repercussions far beyond the world of fashion.
We are seeking an established HR Officer, preferably from the retail sector, who has had previous experience in a generalist role, and who wants to develop their experience within a world class fashion brand working as a key part of a team of 3 with great visibility to HR operations.
We are looking for a great communicator with superb time management experience, someone who is extremely adaptable and who has worked in a fast paced, generalist role before . Enthusiasm for the role and industry is needed, as is the ability to pick things up quickly and a desire to learn.
- Assisting with employee relations and engagement, providing guidance on the interpretation of HR policy, supporting with performance management issues, assisting with grievance and disciplinary issues
- Assisting with the recruitment process, from talent selection to onboarding duties (interviews, offer letters, drafting contracts, managing the induction, updating our HR systems etc)
- Working with managers regarding performance reviews, ensuring all business services staff have an annual performance and probationary period reviews.
- Assisting with developing and enhancing policies and procedure including rolling out of relevant training
- Responsible for maintaining HR records (including any changes to terms and conditions of employment, right to work in the UK checks, maternity/paternity relevant matter, shared parental and adoption leave and pay, and managing flexible working requests).
- Providing guidance with VISA applications and sponsorships
- Assisting with compensation and benefits, including supporting with the review of strategy, undertaking market analyses, assisting with the salary review process, and keeping abreast of pension legislation
- Working on employee engagement and retention scheme
- Assisting with administrative duties including but not limited to HRIS update, filing, invoicing
- Assisting with payroll duties and acting as initial degree of contact for employee's payroll related queries
- Providing support with the implementation of H&S regulations
- Support with other assigned functions
Preference will be given to candidates who are available immediately .