HR & Payroll Assistant
£22,000 - £26,000
We are recruiting for a dynamic, highly organised, and experienced HR assistant to join a renowned fashion brand and their fantastic HR and payroll team. You will need to have at least 3 years' experience working in HR and have experience with payroll and mail merges. Working in a busy, fast-paced HR environment, you will be working alongside the HR Manager and have the opportunity to develop and grow within your HR career. As the HR Manager is part time, you must have the ability and confidence to 'man the fort' - this means that you will be managing all HR and payroll queries on your own and need to have the confidence to do so.
In return, our client will sponsor your CIPD if you do not already have this or assist you in achieving the next level. With a salary of up to £28k and great benefits, you could not join a better organisation. This role requires exceptional attention to detail as you will be drafting contracts for the London Head office staff and their retail store populations, which are global.
As the HR Assistant, you will co-ordinate the new starter end-to-end process, end of monthly payroll, and using your generalist HR knowledge, you will support our Head Office and Retail Store employees. This role will also include HR systems related activity.
The ideal candidate will already be working in a retailer and have a genuine interest in HR. Personality and approach will be as important as your experience. You need to be resilient, driven, and focused on achieving results.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Being the first point of contact for employee queries (holiday/sickness/absence etc.) via face-to-face, telephone, and the Intranet.
- Inputting new starter information on the HR system, producing terms and conditions and starter packs, and making sure that the relevant audit trail is available for payroll checking purposes.
- Uploading and filing all passport, work permit, and right to work information for all new starters.
- Assisting in updating and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Issuing letters for internal promotions and role changes.
- Maintaining the e-filing system (creating and updating personnel files).
- Compiling the monitoring of holiday and sickness.
- Maintaining organisational charts.
- Managing internal and external reference requests e.g. mortgages, new employment, tenancy.
- Administering and co-ordinating probationary review process.
- Supporting the co-ordination and roll-out of annual HR processes (appraisals, salary increases, staff benefit programs, and company events) and actively communicating these to employees.
- Maintaining and updating CV database (HR Inbox) and LinkedIn to support recruitment.
- Advising and answering employee basic generalist HR and Payroll queries.
- Liaising with store managers and employees in our retail stores.
- Being the main note-taker for all HR formal meetings.
- Creating personnel files for all new starters after the monthly payroll has been run.
- Sending P45s and payslips to leavers at the end of every pay run.
- Maintaining the filing system for current staff and leavers on a monthly basis, archiving leaver files as and when required.
- Assisting the HR manager with specific projects.
- Assisting with the research and booking of company social events.
- A minimum of 12 months' HR administration/assistant experience.
- An interest in Payroll (Payroll administration experience desirable - not essential).
- Experience of using and maintain a HR database (CIPHR experience desirable - not essential).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Highly organised and ability to plan and organise your workload.
- High level of discretion and ability to work confidentially.
- Organisation skills - ability to prioritise and possess excellent time management skills.