HR & payroll Assistant
£22,000 - £26,000
We are recruiting for a dynamic, highly organised, and experienced HR assistant to join a renowned fashion brand and their fantastic HR and payroll team. If you have 1 years' experience working in a busy, fast-paced HR environment and have had exposure to or done payroll, and would like the opportunity to develop and grow within your HR career, then look no further! In return, our client will sponsor your CIPD if you do not already have this or assist you in achieving the next level. With a salary of up to £26k and great benefits, you could not join a better organisation. This role requires exceptional attention to detail as you will be drafting contracts for the London Head office staff and their retail store populations, which are global.
As the HR Assistant, you will co-ordinate the new starter end-to-end process and end of monthly payroll, and using your generalist HR knowledge, you will support our Head Office and Retail Store employees. This role will also include HR systems related activity.
The ideal candidate will already be working in a retailer and have a genuine interest in HR. Personality and approach will be as important as your experience. You need to be resilient, driven, and focused on achieving results.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Being the first point of contact for employee queries (holiday/sickness/absence etc.) via face-to-face, telephone, and the Intranet.
- Inputting new starter information on the HR system, produce terms and conditions and starter packs, making sure that the relevant audit trail is available for payroll checking purposes.
- Uploading and filing all passport, work permit, and right to work information for all new starters.
- Assist in updating and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Issue letters for internal promotions and role changes.
- Maintain the e-filing system (creating and updating personnel files).
- Compile the monitoring of holiday and sickness.
- Maintain organisational charts.
- Manage internal and external reference requests e.g. mortgages, new employment, tenancy.
- Administer and co-ordinate probationary review process.
- Support co-ordination and roll-out of annual HR processes (appraisals, salary increases, staff benefit programs and company events) and actively communicate these to employees.
- Maintain and update CV database (HR Inbox) & LinkedIn to support recruitment.
- Advise and answer employee basic generalist HR and Payroll queries.
- Liaise with store managers and employees in our retail stores.
- Be the main note-taker for all HR formal meetings.
- Create personnel files for all new starters after the monthly payroll has been run.
- Send P45s and payslips to leavers at the end of every pay run.
- Maintain the filing system for current staff and leavers on a monthly basis, archiving leaver files as and when required.
- Assist the HR manager with specific projects.
- Assist with research and booking of company social events.
- A minimum of 12 months' HR administration/assistant experience.
- An interest in Payroll (Payroll administration experience desirable - not essential).
- Experience of using and maintaining a HR database (CIPHR experience desirable - not essential).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Highly organised and have the ability to plan and organise your workload.
- High level of discretion and ability to work confidentially.
- Organisation skills - ability to prioritise and possess excellent time management skills.