Head of People & Resources - 6- to 8-month FTC
£42,000 - £44,000
Monday to Friday
N7 / London
We are looking for a bright, talented HR professional to join a growing and established charity in North London. This role is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is looking for the next step in their career and who can demonstrate a positive attitude, a pragmatic approach, and the ability to use their initiative and be resourceful. You will need to have strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage, coach, and develop people and be used to a fast-paced environment where things are constantly changing and evolving.
The role will report directly to the CEO and you will be managing around nine direct reports. This is a fantastic team that work collaboratively and therefore requires you to have the same, hands-on, and 'team player' approach. Due to the nature of the role and the company, you will need to be able to strike a good balance between overseeing things and focusing on strategy. If you are driven, self-motivated, and looking for an amazing career opportunity, then this is the right role for you!
In order to succeed in this role, you will have the aptitude and skills to manage the resources of this successful, front-line charity. This is a broad role so you will need experience in ER (managed anything from 8 to 12 cases at any one time), strategy, and implementation of new processes, coaching, and developing and be a strong HR generalist along with knowledge or experience in office management/facilities.
Some insight into the role:
- Develop annual operational objectives with CEO for Central, setting, measuring, and delivering on outcomes.
- Prepare and present relevant reports to the Executive Committee and sub-committees as required.
- Facilitate and participate in monthly Heads of Service Meetings, setting the agenda with CEO, ensuring accurate minutes, and action reporting.
- Manage Central budgets with key finance stakeholders, setting and monitoring annual budget and providing monthly variance reports.
- Constantly negotiate the position of the HR team between what is guidance and support, and intervention. Being sensitive to people's needs and possess the ability to be directive and authoritative.
HR and Personnel Management
- Work closely with CEO and Personnel Committee to develop and implement organisational HR, personnel strategies, and good practice.
- Facilitate, service, and report to Personnel Committee in line with annual reporting schedule and work plan.
- Lead HR team activity and provision with HR Manager by overseeing and managing the operational management of recruitment, personnel, and employee relations.
Provide HR leadership and support with senior responsibilities, such as (but not limited to) the following:
- High-profile or complex ER cases.
- TUPE project management.
- Policies and procedures.
- Act as Data Protection Coordinator, working with the Heads of Service who are responsible for their services' data protection.
- Management coaching and training.
- Claims and tribunal case work.
- Designing and delivering internal training programmes (including the management capability programme).
- Work strategically, both proactively and responsively to HR trends and issues within the organisation in conjunction with other Heads of Service, ensuring we are maintaining and developing a robust and flexible HR function.
- Remain up to date with and ensure the company is adhering to legislation and best practice with all HR activities and in policies and procedures.
http://www.lovesuccess.co.uk | 020 7870 7177
Love Success is a leading London recruitment agency.
Contact us now to find top PA jobs and Office Support jobs in London.
We specialise in PA jobs, EA jobs, Office Support jobs, Receptionist jobs, and HR jobs.
We are London’s leading PA recruitment agency for 2019.