Our client, a wonderful large Non for Profit organisation are looking for an experienced ER Advisor to join their growing HR Team.
If you have ER exposure, enjoy working with various line managers and building relationships - this could be the perfect role for you!
This position is an immediate start and will not suit anyone on notice.
General Duties include -
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations- we are moving from a model with heavy HR/ER guidance to more Management coaching and Management ownership.
- Effective case management of people related issues such as: disciplinaries, performance management, grievance, and absence management.
- Ability to quickly develop effective relationships with Managers to promote the environment of a positive employee relations environment across the organisation.
- Used to working within a KPI focused environment for all HR interactions ensuring service quality, accuracy and that cases are managed at pace.
- Providing feedback to ER Case Manager on developing trends in ER environment, employment practices and advising on appropriate proactive action.
- Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, performance management and coaching managers where appropriate.
- Providing guidance to Managers who will be conducting TUPE or redundancy consultations with Colleagues, ensuring all legal principles for consultation are met and all data and materials are prepared and ready for issue to external stakeholders as required.
Employee relations advisor skills/essentials
- Experience of working as an ER Advisor on an 'advice line', ideally within a Shared service environment.
- Experience of using case management tools and processes to manage ER cases ideal, but not essential if the candidate can pick new ways of working up quickly.
- Experience of providing ER specialist advice to managers and empowering the manager to own the process in support of our aim to develop a 'best in class ER support service'.
- Proactive management of cases through the use of diarise prompts to guide and coach managers to early resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Moderate IT skills- Experience of using Teams, Outlook and SharePoint essential, experience of using a case management system ideal.
- Comfortable to join an existing team working within a remote working model.
- Good knowledge of employment law with a focus on promoting good relations and bringing matters to a commercial resolution at pace.
- Knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities and ability to quickly understand and provide guidance around company policies (currently two sets to be mindful of).
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggling multiple cases with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
Due to us working remotely, please apply directly and we will reach out to you!