Office Manager & EA to the Group CFO and VP
£40,000 - £48,000 depending on experience
Experience within a boutique firm in Financial Services sector
We are recruiting for an experienced EA who will also be happy to undertake Office Management duties for a boutique Private Equity firm in London. The role requires someone organised, flexible, and highly organised. The role will be supporting the Group CFO and VP who travels a lot, so you will have to be comfortable with not always having them in the office. You must be from the Financial Services industry and have a minimum of 4 years solid experience as an EA at C-suite level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Extensive and proactive diary management.
- Co-ordinating with other EAs across the group, to schedule board or other meetings throughout the year, source venues for board dinners in various locations, plus collation and distribution of board documents and to ensure logistics have been agreed and executed.
- Working closely with other EAs to ensure the smooth running of team schedules.
- Managing the office in London while taking care of any requirements around facilities, utilities, and IT, while coordinating with contractors, external service providers, and caterers.
- Coordinating with finance team in making sure that Rents, utilities, and other business charges are paid on time.
- Coordinating with the Building Manager to ensure that any infrastructure-related issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Attending tenants meetings to discuss building issues/enhancements or related issues.
- Managing contractors providing office cleaning and other services.
- Working closely with the Group's IT team to ensure that the IT requirements for the office are well-managed.
- Managing contractors providing office telephony and other IT-related services.
- Co-ordinating complex international business and personal travel, arranging transfers/hotels/taxis, etc. taking into consideration time zones.
- Document management: scanning, couriering, and filing; ensuring that relevant documentation is signed offshore. The aim is to move to paperless as much as feasible.
- Fielding and management of phone calls and emails, responding to emails as and when as requested by the team.
- Reception duties (not actually based on reception though) - meeting and greeting clients for meetings, and arranging meeting rooms with refreshments and AV/IT as required.
- Collating and submitting monthly expenses.
- Admin tasks - maintaining and updating contacts database, photocopying, filing, business cards, couriers, and binding.
- Providing ad hoc support to 7-8 other personnel based in the office.
- Providing cover for EAs as and when necessary in relation to holiday and sickness absence.
- A proactive person with can-do attitude and takes initiative.
- Someone who likes a fast pace and can deal with pressure.
- Good communication on any issues that arise, as soon as they arise.
- Someone who can effectively prioritize and has good organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and sense of humour and a team player.
- Comfortable with technology, including the handling of tele and video conferencing facilities in the office.
- Flexibility with regards to out of hours availability to be able to deal with last minute schedule changes/travel/deal activity processes.