Our client, a world leading children's charity based in a trendy area of the City of London, are looking for an immediate HR assistant for a period of 3 months.
YOU MUST HAVE A CLEAR DBS
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create and keep up-to-date personal files for staff and volunteers.
- Regularly archive personal files of leavers.
- Work with hiring managers to co-ordinate the organisation's recruitment and selection processes for paid staff and volunteers; planning timelines and key dates, posting job adverts, responding to candidate enquiries, providing advice to recruiting managers on how to use the Applicant Tracking System, managing the progression of vacancies through the recruitment pipeline.
- Carry out pre-employment checks for new employees and volunteers, and updating records when checks have been received.
- Carry out DBS checks for existing staff when they are due for renewal (every 3 years).
- Monitor when GMC registrations for doctors are due for renewal and contact the doctor to get proof of registration (annually).
- Prepare offer letters, contracts of employment, and reference requests for new employees and volunteer agreements for new volunteers.
- Write letters to employees to confirm changes to their terms and conditions of employment.
- Recording and monitoring of recruitment related statistics (e.g. where job adverts have been placed, costs of adverts).
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruitment agencies.
- Provide a professional HR service, acting as the first point of contact for incoming HR enquiries.
- Photocopy and scan as required by the HR team.
- Book meetings and meeting rooms on behalf of the HR team.
- Other ad hoc duties as required by the Head of HR.