Database Officer (Part time)
Up to £31,000 pro rata
Monday to Friday
South East London
We are recruiting for a hard-working, experienced CRM or Database Officer to join a fantastic Foundation in South East London. This role is part time and requires someone to work three full days a week (21 hours a week). You will have a passion for the Charity industry, be experienced in managing and manipulating data, and preferably within the fundraising sector. You will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills as you will work closely with other departments including the CEO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Regularly review data and run monthly monitoring reports to ensure consistency and quality.
- Act as a support to staff on all matters relating to the database including queries and data analysis.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues so that they are fully competent and confident to use the CRM system.
- Provide staff training where appropriate.
- Work with the CRM system thankQ (software supplier) on any upgrade, development, or maintenance issues and act as the main point of contact.
- Keep up to date with new developments, legalities including data protection regulations, codes of conduct, and best practice within the Third Sector.
- Ensure all digital and physical documents generated by the Development Team are managed strictly to Data Protection Act 2018 compliance under ICO and Fundraising Regulator best practice guidance.
- Identify opportunities for increased data capture across the Foundation.
- Manage data capture processes (hard-copy and digital) including Gift Aid, appeals, mailings, bookings, and events.
- Prospect identification and tracking.
- Support the processes needed to track the prospect pipe-line, segment the database, record supporter journeys and analyse data in order to develop the pipeline appropriately (including providing reports as required).
- Run queries, imports and exports, and compile GDPR-compliant mailing lists to assist in targeting specific groups of supporters.
- Support the Team with managing data and creating guest lists compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018 and ICO and Fundraising Regulator best practice guidance.
- Provide analysis of campaign results as required.
Fundraising and Gift Administration:
- Enter all donations and income into the database daily, and ensure all records and gift data is up to date and accurate to ensure a high level of good-quality donor care.
- Manage the data administration of all membership schemes including Patrons and Members; issuing and processing renewals in a timely manner, monitoring renewal and retention rates, and maintaining and managing accurate records.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and annual reporting as defined by your line manager or above.
Marketing and Box Office:
- Provide support to the Marketing and Communications Team in segmenting and analysing data to support marketing activity, produce relevant queries and reports, and handle additional requests as required.
- Import contact lists and amalgamate external data sources to the central database, e.g. capture Mailchimp subscribers, and Box Office bookings.
- Produce regular reports to facilitate financial reconciliation between finance system and events bookings.