£28,000 - £35,000
Monday to Friday
This is a new role being created in the Change Team, You will be responsible for ensuring that all changes to the company and its subsidiary documents are implemented in a controlled and auditable manner. You will maintain information about configurable items, including company and its subsidiary documents.
You will be recognised as an expert with Microsoft Word and working within an incredibly employee-centric company!
This role will provide support to the following:
- Document configuration functions to maintain, as a consequence of approved modifications and change documents:
- The configuration of the company's legal text that defines the operation of the electricity trading arrangements.
- The configuration of Code Subsidiary Documents and other configurable items.
- The industry baseline statement covering the company, Code Subsidiary Documents, and other configurable items.
- There may be times when you are called upon to support the Change Analysts with administrative-type work.
At the heart of this role is a requirement for a strong methodical and disciplined approach combined with an eye for detail and lots of patience. The Change Administrator will need to record and report monthly on a standard set of data and be flexible and quick to adapt to any ad hoc requests associated with the governance of change under the Company. Business and process analysis skills would be advantageous, but as these are not core to the role, they are not mandatory.
You will build and manage relationships with customers, both internal and external, in order to provide advice, support, and assessment on change-related activities. You will be expected to participate in department or cross-company projects/initiatives as required and to undertake tasks determined by the Change Manager.
Required skills and attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- An aptitude for attention to detail and a concern for quality standards
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn advanced Microsoft Word and the use of tracked changes will be needed for this role
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and be able to manage conflicting priorities
- Able to engage with and proactively build positive relationships with customers
- An excellent organiser and a meticulous planner
- Able to present large amounts of information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong verbal and nonverbal skills
- A can-do attitude
- A proactive self-starter
- A strong team player
- Acquire proficient knowledge of the suite of process documents and Local Working Instructions (LWIs) relating to this not-for-profit organisation.