Brand and Communications Manager
12-month FTC with opportunity to be permanent thereafter
£40,000 - £45,000
We are recruiting for a Brand and Communications Manager from a Legal, Professional Services, or Financial Services background to join a leading Global provider of regulatory, legal, and business information. You will be a part of an established team and need to work collaboratively and in partnership with the whole Marketing division. The role ideally requires someone who has worked in the Legal Industry with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Brand and Communications. As you will be working across the whole marketing division, you will be getting involved in content, campaigns, brand management, digital, and communications. This is a varied but fantastic role!
The purpose of this role is to own and manage the development and execution of all UK communications activities across social and traditional media, positioning the brand appropriately, securing impactful coverage, and increasing engagement.
* Drafting and managing approval of press releases (with US and UK colleagues), managing media enquiries and sell-in, and securing the company's coverage in mainstream and industry media to support product launches, corporate initiatives and the Future of Law brand.
* Coordinating and driving insights led approach that helps the achievement of growing engagement in the market.
* Delivering research projects and white papers as required, either directly or in partnership with segment marketers or market development directors.
* Managing and providing plans for the company's Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. Working closely with the content team to post and curate content, live Tweeting from events, and seeking to increase engagement for these and other relevant channels.
* Ensuring any customer complaints on social media are dealt with appropriately and monitoring social media for any comments that should be addressed or responded to.
* Communicating the company's best practice social media guidelines, ensuring that accounts are used appropriately and that access to the company's accounts is managed effectively.
* Delivery of reporting on communications activity through clear tracking and measurement of engagement metrics and links to lead or revenue generating activity.
* To be the brand ambassador, ensuring full understanding of the brand guidelines and ensuring that these are followed throughout the organisation.
* Support internal GTM comms activities.
* Any other duties as reasonably requested.
* Extensive communications experience, ideally in a B2B or professional services environment.
* Hands-on experience of managing social media across a complex organisation and using relevant tools such as Shoutlet and content management tools.
* Understanding of and interest in the legal industry.
* Relevant contacts within mainstream and, ideally, legal media, and experience of selling-in B2B stories.
* Experience in developing and implementing communications plans and campaigns.
* Significant experience in working with, influencing, and presenting to senior stakeholders and a wide range of colleagues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, with an eye for detail.
Key areas for consideration:
- Legal industry experience is important, you must understand how the law markets work.
- Copy-writing & PR experience important.
- Professional Services background (Financial Services or Big4 experience) ideal.
- Have to be able to generate insights and brand positioning.
- Able to do: media coverage, relationship building, brands, social media, etc.
- May 2018 start.
- Be able to tell stories about the business.
- Individual influencer.
- Working across the marketing department.