£25,000 - £29,000
Our client is a growing information and communications technology consultancy with a reputation for innovation and quality, and a strong customer base. They are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to cover maternity leave, for a period of 12 months. They will train you in the tasks required and their accounting software. As the Accounts Assistant, you will quickly be expected to take ownership of all accounting activities.
The perfect candidate will be a self-starter, diligent, and an individual who has a track record of managing their own workload. You will be an effective communicator and a strong problem-solver who can work independently, with support available when required. You will have an excellent understanding of accounting processes and methodologies. You will be highly numerate and will be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work. An ability to understand business requirements and their impact on accounting practices is important to this role, as well as the ability to present coherent analysis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining cash flow daily and credit control
- Credit control
- Managing sales and purchase ledgers
- Expenses review
- Preparing supplier and expense payments
- Importing and reconciling monthly bank statements into SAP BusinessByDesign
- Journal preparation/posting
- Maintain annual budgets and review monthly with cost centre owners
- Assisting with the preparation of R&D tax credits
You must have a high level of Excel skills, experience working with accounts packages, and strong bookkeeping skills. If this sounds like your perfect position, please apply!